HGPTV looking for a Sports Anchor/Reporter to generate story ideas, gather information, and produce and present sportscasts and highlights for TV and on our Website. The ideal candidate will have the ability to anchor the sportscast in a manner that is clear, engaging, and meaningful to news audience and ensure all content meets HGPTV standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop sources, maintain contacts and pursue leads that result in original stories.
- Gather information, video content, interviews, and other elements necessary to produce thorough, high-quality sports material.
- Will present sports news and other related content across all platforms including social media in a way that connects with viewers, demonstrating credibility, authority and broadly-based knowledge of news.
- Assist in the writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating of sports news programming and other content presentation.
- Provide leadership that encourages excellence and assist in the smooth operation of the organization.
- Maintain deep level of familiarity with local teams, athletes, and sporting events. Shoot, write and edit well-written, fully-documented and creatively-produced sports packages, local sportscasts, and sports highlights for all platforms including social media.
- Represent HGPTV positively in the community in a courteous and professional manner. Participate in promotional activities including public appearances.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned. Respond to breaking news and other urgent newsroom situations as required.
- Coach and train as required.
- Must have TV Experience
- Minimum four years full-time professional sports reporting and/or anchoring experience preferred
- Effective on-air performance and good news judgment
- Knowledge of local and national sporting events, teams, and athletes
- Ability to conduct in-depth research and pursue investigative stories effectively
- Good news writing and copy-editing ability for all platforms including social media
- Maintain professional personal appearance as defined by News 12 management
- Ability to work cooperatively with others to create a sense of teamwork in the presentation of news and other programming
- Ability to conduct probing, in-depth and engaging interviews
- Proficiency in current and emerging news gathering and production technologies
- Knowledge of news production techniques and demonstrated ability to develop engaging presentation
- Enhance stories by providing insight and perspective
- Ability to think quickly and respond appropriately in high pressure situations
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Flexibility to work any assigned shift
If you are an experienced Sports Anchor/Reporter, who is excited about being part of a leading television station that will challenge your skill-set, please get in touch. Contact: Carol Felix at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com