13 yr old dead and family members critical after ingesting poisonous substance

0
605

A 13-year-old boy is now dead and other members of his family are critical after the consumption of suspected poison.
Police in a press statement said that Rondel Henry of Aruca Village North West District along with his 11 and 4-year-old brothers, his 7-year-old sister along with his 35-year-old father, and 34-year-old father started getting complications of diarrhea and vomiting after allegedly consuming a local made liquid product on December 19.
On December 20 about 13:00hrs, the 13-year-old became motionless at home. He was later taken to Mabaruma Regional Hospital where he was examined and pronounced dead on arrival. His body was placed in the mortuary pending a post mortem examination.
The other family members were immediately taken to Mabaruma Regional Hospital where they were all seen by doctors and admitted as patients.
On Monday about 16:00 hrs a team of environmental officers and police ranks visited the scene where checks were made on and around the premises but no containers or anything relating to a poisonous substance were found.
Ranks are closely working along with the health officials and investigations are in progress.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.