HGPTV MISSION STATEMENT
We are on a mission to change the landscape of television in Guyana• To be the leader in communications within Guyana by providing news, information and entertainment products that reflect our commitment to excellence in satisfying the needs of our audience and advertisers. To continue to provide quality, honesty and integrity in broadcasting and to promote a freedom of expression and understanding by producing products that can be exchanged with other cultures and societies.HGPTV will continue to invest and support our local communities by airing programs like our HGP Community Magazine, started in 2012, and delve deeply in order to showcase unique features and customs, of how the people of individual villages live their lives.
Slogan: We are “THE NEWS AND ENTERTAINMENT CHANNEL”
Our Station Philosophy:
- HGPTV will be a conduit for positive social sharing of information
- There will be no specific ethnic programming; all programming will be targeted to multi-ethnic and cultural audiences.
- HGPTV will promote a Guyanese identity, sharing a common ground of interest to all ethnic groups.
- A station that doesn’t merely repeat programming from international networks but creates its own unique programs
- A station where parents don’t have to be concerned about what their children are watching
- A station that explores what it means to be ‘Guyanese’
- A station that is accessible to viewers and advertisers.