-claim blaze occurred after “spark” from ceiling
Five (5) persons narrowly escaped the jaws of death on Saturday (this) morning after the ceiling of their home came crashing down moments when it caught afire allegedly following a “spark” there.
The fire took place at the village of Bagotstown, East Bank Demerara (EBD) around 10:00h, and firefighters are still at the scene attending to various duties.
The occupants of the house were able to salvage some items from the burning building and quick work by ranks of the Guyana Fire Service (GFS) prevented the blaze from completely destroying the building and spreading to nearby homes.
According to some of the occupants inside of the now badly damaged house, they were inside of their home, when they “heard a spark” emitting from the ceiling.
A short moment later, a fire was noticed at the ceiling, which came crashing down.