Two injured in gas bottle explosion on fishing vessel

0
498

One man is currently receiving burn treatment at the Georgetown Public Hospital after one of his crew members lit a gas stove on the vessel which resulted in a fire.
According to a police report, a crew of fishermen returned to shore on August 12 at about 16:45hrs at Helena, Mahaica River East Coast Demerara.
One of the crew members lit a gas stove to cook when the gas bottle exploded causing the cabin to catch afire.

As a result of the explosion the victims, 42-year-old Phillip Edmonds and 29-year-old Derrick Balmickery received minor burns to their lower and upper bodies.

They were both escorted to the Mahaicony Hospital and Balmickery was later transferred to GPHC while Edmonds was treated and sent away.

Investigations are ongoing.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.